Radicchio with Smoked Mozzarella, Balsamic Vinegar, and Prosciutto
- 2 medium heads radicchio (1-1/2 pounds total), each cut into 6 wedges and cored
- 3 T Arbequina Olive Oil Buy now
- 1/3 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar Buy now
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 ounces smoked mozzarella, sliced and torn into pieces
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange radicchio wedges, cut sides up, in a 2 1/2-quart shallow glass or ceramic baking dish (11 by 7 inches), then drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast radicchio, turning over once or twice, until wilted and tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Arrange cheese over radicchio, then arrange prosciutto over cheese and roast until cheese is just melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.