Marinated Goat Cheese
- 1 log goat cheese divided into 3 parts, rolled into a ball and cut in halves
- A couple of sprigs of marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds
- Zest of one lemon
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- Enough Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil to top off the cheese
Pack the goat cheese into a jar, slide in all the goodies and pour olive oil in until it covers the cheese. Use whatever fresh herbs and spices you like and if you don’t care for the heat, leave out the red pepper.
Here are a few ideas for using it:
- Cook up some pasta, saute some veggies (leeks, garlic, red pepper and zucchini, peas, etc.), toss a few pieces of the cheese through the pasta and veggies, a few spoons of the oil, top with some chopped fresh herbs and there you go… dinner in an instant.
- Put a few pieces out as part of a cheese and charcuterie board.
- Spread on a sandwich of roasted vegetables. Add grilled chicken if you like.
- Use it in quesadillas or on top of enchiladas.
Inside an omelette.
- Smear it on corn on the cob
- Slather it on a toasted bagel.