Black Trumpet and Balsamic Vinegar with Pasta
- 16 oz of your favorite dried pasta
- 5 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Black Truffle Oil
- 1 large leek or two bunches scallions cut into 1/2-inch pieces including the tender greens
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 pound of fresh Black Trumpet Mushrooms (or substitute 2 ounces of dried black trumpet or any richly flavored mushroom such as Morels or Cepes)
- 2 T 25-Year Balsamic Vinegar Buy now
Pasta: Prepare your favorite pasta to al dente. This recipe works equally well with angel hair, shells or penne.
Mushrooms: If you are using fresh Black Trumpets clean carefully ripping open the trumpets to make sure any remaining bits of forest are removed. Cut roughly into large shreds. If using dried mushrooms rehydrate by covering with hot water for 10 minutes. Roughly cut softened mushrooms if needed. Retain 1 cup of liquid to add to sauce.
Sauce: Pour Olive Oil into a sauté pan and heat over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Sauté leeks for about 2 minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are wilted and any has evaporated. Add Balsamic Vinegar, stir well, and season with salt to taste.
Pour sauce and mushrooms over cooked pasta. Drizzle with Black Truffle Oil. Serve with a fresh garnish.